The client's browser is showing ads that stop them from doing what they need to do, for instance when trying to access documents from Google driveEdit me
Removing Adware from a Windows Machine
How to get rid of adware that can harm the drive or browser of a Windows machine
- Ads prevent the user from doing what they need to do.
- It may cause other problems like spamming the user’s contacts.
- Remove and uninstall any unrecognized extension.
- Restore the default settings.
- Install an adware removal tool (for example Malwarebytes AdwCleaner).
- Ask the client to provide us with the adware scan report.
- Review the log and provide the client with the right tips based on the scan report.
- Remove any suspicious file or program detected by the malware tool.
If you suspect the client might have been targeted with other kinds of malware, also see Article #258: Advanced Threats Triage Workflow and Article #133: How to clean a malware-infected Windows machine.